If you have any questions in relation to this please contact Microsoft directly.
Which OS Do I have?
As we offer product keys for software which is only compatible with select operating systems, we strongly advise you check the compatibility of the product before purchase as we are unable to provide a refund or replacement on incorrect purchases.
This guide is split between checking the operating system for Windows.
Which version of Windows do I have?
In this article, we till outline the ways you can see which version of Windows your PC is running, which will help ensure you purchase the correct software which is compatible for your computer.
Each version of windows does have a slightly different route to this information. We will display all routes for each version of the operating system. This will mean you may need to try multiple methods before been shown this vital information.
The most common way to find this information is by following these steps.
- press the Windows logo key + R
- type winver in the Open box
- select OK.
- This will show you which version of windows you are running
This is only applicable for Windows 8 and Windows 10
Windows 7 also has another route to see if you are using this version of windows.
- Click on the the Start icon (bottom left of screen)
- Type Computer in the search box
- Right-click on the Computer within the results (under programs)
- select Properties.
- Under Windows edition, you'll see the version and edition of Windows that your device is running
Please note, Windows 7 is the name given to Windows version 6.1.